Support our 5th Grade Class at our Hardy Skating Night!!
Buy tickets here or at the door. https://ticketstripe.com/HardySkate
Kindness Week at Hardy!
Just inside the Hardy doors is a world of kindness! The students created this colorful artwork during Kindness Week in mid-February. Well done, all! Soon the students will enjoy an assembly highlighting the values of kindness that are so important to us at Hardy school.
This box will be your one-stop monthly destination for the many volunteer opportunities available at Hardy.
Current Hardy PTO Events:
- Spirit Wear: New grade level color Hardy t-shirts and blue sweatshirts are for sale NOW online at https://www.hardypto.com/hardy-store/! Grade level shirt colors have changed (see details below).
- Buddy Family Program: New and returning families can connect through the Hardy Buddy Program. Email Buddyfamilyprogram@hardypto.com to partner with a buddy family.
- ELL Adult Conversation Group: The Hardy Caregiver English Conversation Group meets every other Wednesday on Zoom or outdoors. To learn more, please email Kanako Kawamura: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTO Leadership Openings / Opportunities
Please email Katrina if you are interested!:
- Newsletter Writer / Cordinator for monthly digital newsletter
- Website Coordinator to maintain HardyPTO.com.
- ELL Adult Conversation Group Leader for bi-weekly meetings
- Hardy Green Team
- Special Education Liaison to SEPAC
Not interested in leading a group? No problem! It’s easy to join one of Hardy PTO’s groups and committees:
- Hardy Garden Committee
- Enrichment Committee: Plan assemblies, virtual experiences, and more for our community.
- Hardy DIG (Diversity & Inclusion Group): Please email Michi Kurata at email@example.com to join
- Hardy Green Team
A special thank-you is due to Doris Pfaffinger and all the coordinators and volunteers who made the Hour of Code such a success for Hardy students from K – 5. Thank you for a job well done!
Hardy English Conversation Group for Adult Family Members Needs YOU!
Date: 12:00-13:00 on Tuesday in every other week via Zoom starting Nov. 10 (followed by 11/24, 12/8, 12/22)
- This is a group for adults who want to improve their English
- drop in program (You can join whenever you want)
- It’s free
- All levels of English Learners are welcome (group will be divided according to proficiency)
How to join: Contact Kanako Kawamura: firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be added to the mailing list to get ZOOM link.
We are calling for tutors who are interested in teaching English to the English Learners in Hardy Community. No prior experience is needed. We need someone who wants to teach daily conversation in English. It will be fun to have cross-cultural communication within a Hardy community!
Email Kanako: email@example.com if you are interested or you have any questions.
Available Now! — Hardy Guidebook. A Resource for Families
Hardy Families can turn to this handy resource for answers to basic questions that are Hardy-specific. Check it out for information about Hardy’s administrative staff, the Hardy PTO, School Council, report cards, schedules, the Weather Policy and student attendance during illness.
The Guidebook was put together by our School Council, and printouts will be available by request at the front office, or for download (.pdf) via email.
Arlington Public Schools publishes a general handbook for all elementary schools. The APS Handbook can be found here.
Joining Hardy PTO
We are an inclusive group! All Hardy parents & guardians are automatically members. We place no barriers to participation, and there is no fee to join. Please pop into our meetings to learn more about what we do and how you can participate!
Hardy PTO Meeting Schedule: 6:30pm in the Hardy Library on the first Wednesday of every month.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Hardy Parent Teacher Organization is a 501c3 nonprofit group dedicated to promoting cooperation, celebrating community, and optimizing the educational, physical, intellectual, and social needs of children in our homes, school, and town. We are a group of dedicated parents, teachers, and staff organized to support learning and encourage positive relations in our diverse East Arlington community.
(To subscribe, click the Add Google Calendar icon above.)