Hardy PTO Celebrates Black History Month
Check back every Monday during February for new posters with live links for families to explore to learn about and celebrate Black History Month!
Hardy Has Spirit Monthly Challenge
Our February challenge is a special Black History Month theme honoring African American artists. Submissions will run through March 1st. Learn more here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfav7y5cWMO8wSUw9bAuDZ1cfALb9fsuKnkZblshLxYC1tsCw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Join us every month for a different theme for our spirit challenge. The grade with the most submissions will vote on the fun spirit day “dress up” theme for the entire school!
This box will be your one-stop monthly destination for the many volunteer opportunities available at Hardy.
- If your student is attending the Remote Academy and you would like to be the Remote Academy Liaison for Hardy School, please email Patsy O’Brien: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Council is beginning another two year term. If you are interested in serving on the council, working on the School Improvement Plan and other important school initiatives, reach out to Kate Peretz: email@example.com. No prior experience is necessary!
- To learn more about how you can help Hardy caregivers practice their English on Zoom please email Kanako Kawamura: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join our NEW 5th grade planning committee to give our 5th graders the wonderful last year at Hardy that they deserve! If interested, please email Patsy O’Brien:email@example.com.
- To help brainstorm and plan enrichment events for Hardy students, please email Justin Harris:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive information about Hardy Green Team activities as they are announced, enter your email address at this link.
- See the “PTO Programs for Your Family” box below and sign up to be a Classroom Coordinator if your class does not have one yet. To sign up email Megan Recupero: email@example.com.
- The Outdoor Classroom group consists of over 100 parents who are focused on identifying ways to get students in APS outside for as much of in-person school days as possible. If you are interested in working on these efforts, please reach out to Alham Saadatat firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Hardy English Conversation Group for Adult Family Members Needs YOU!
Date: 12:00-13:00 on Tuesday in every other week via Zoom starting Nov. 10 (followed by 11/24, 12/8, 12/22)
- This is a group for adults who want to improve their English
- drop in program (You can join whenever you want)
- It’s free
- All levels of English Learners are welcome (group will be divided according to proficiency)
How to join: Contact Kanako Kawamura: email@example.com, and you will be added to the mailing list to get ZOOM link.
We are calling for tutors who are interested in teaching English to the English Learners in Hardy Community. No prior experience is needed. We need someone who wants to teach daily conversation in English. It will be fun to have cross-cultural communication within a Hardy community!
Email Kanako: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or you have any questions.
Available Now! — Hardy Guidebook. A Resource for Families
Hardy Families can turn to this handy resource for answers to basic questions that are Hardy-specific. Check it out for information about Hardy’s administrative staff, the Hardy PTO, School Council, report cards, schedules, the Weather Policy and student attendance during illness.
The Guidebook was put together by our School Council, and printouts will be available by request at the front office, or for download (.pdf) via email.
Arlington Public Schools publishes a general handbook for all elementary schools. The APS Handbook can be found here.
Joining Hardy PTO
We are an inclusive group! All Hardy parents & guardians are automatically members. We place no barriers to participation, and there is no fee to join. Please pop into our meetings to learn more about what we do and how you can participate!
Hardy PTO Meeting Schedule: 6:30pm in the Hardy Library on the first Wednesday of every month.
Email email@example.com for more information.
The Hardy Parent Teacher Organization is a 501c3 nonprofit group dedicated to promoting cooperation, celebrating community, and optimizing the educational, physical, intellectual, and social needs of children in our homes, school, and town. We are a group of dedicated parents, teachers, and staff organized to support learning and encourage positive relations in our diverse East Arlington community.
(To subscribe, click the Add Google Calendar icon above.)